One of my favorite things to do in my spare time is to make hairbows and other crafts for my daughter and other girls for birthday parties, special occassions or just for fun. My daughter has more bows then I can count, I have been making them for years. Tutus are something that I started making about two years ago and have had alot of fun with them. I have also recently started decorating t-shirts and flip flops. I made my daughter an adorable tutu, hair bow and matching flip flops for her birthday a few months ago and it was absolutly adorable. I posted pictures of my daughter's halloween costume that I made. She was a black cat. I sewed a black boa on to the arms and neck of a leatard and made a black tutu. I also posted pictures of the birthday outfit. (I didn't make the shirt! It came from Carter's!)
Here is a good website which guides you through making a no-sew tutu!
http://www.howtomakeatutu.com/




Those are adorable! I have some other mom friends that make those also. Very talented!! Thanks for the website :>
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE those flip flops. You have a neat hobby and a true gift for what you do!!! Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteCute cute!!!
ReplyDeleteSince you are very "Do it Yourself" crafter, I posted a link to a Vodcast/Podcast you might be interested in. They offer lots of non-sewing, and sewing projects. I even added it to my favorites! Enjoy!http://diystyle.net/
ReplyDeleteThanks Kiki! I will check the cast out. Love getting inspiration from others. I call it "creative plagiarism"!
ReplyDeleteHere is a great link to a video cast on making t-shirt dresses.
http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-make-t-shirt-dress-with-threadbanger-280679/
The style of the dress made in the video is so classy! It is made from three discarded t-shirts. Seems right up your alley. Enjoy!
Sarah, here is another postcast on how to make hair bows. Obviously, you have that task down!! It is a really cute series. Enjoy!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.howcast.com/videos/357035-How-To-Make-Hair-Bows
I have more ribbon than I should and yet I still BUY bows for my daughter! Laurie I'm setting up to watch your link now! Thanks :>
ReplyDeleteHere is a link on how to make hair bows, although it seems you pretty much have mastered your craft.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrWxTCEgcqM